Hospital Operations Management Consulting in India
Efficient management, robust financial control, systematic inventory management and synergy with the staff lead a healthcare organization onto the path of achieving its potential. Optimal hospital operations management leads to a perfect blend between processes, and staff and patient delight. Management Consultancy facilitates improvement in the performance and the reach of a hospital through the analysis of existing operational practices and the inculcation of plans for improvement.
Technecon offers the following Hospital Management Consultancy services:
- Turn around strategies through Service Line Analysis leading to optimization of revenues and profitability
- Operational Audits
- Manpower Audit & Training
- Designing Operations Manuals
- Costing of Services
- Systems Study & Redesign
- Tariff Rationalization
- Marketing Strategies
- Hospital Waste Management
- Recruitment Assistance
- Quality Management / Accreditation
Service Line Analysis
Technecon assesses the performance of single or multiple service lines (departments) in the organisation or the institution as a whole. The performance is assessed on several parameters like infrastructure, manpower, processes, level of technology, financial pain points among others that affect performance and efficiency.
Some of the prominent parameters assessed are:
- Infrastructure & Assets (moveable & immoveable): Adequacy of areas, spaces and location of the departments in keeping with ‘medical planning’ norms; level of technology (medical and non–medical devices) and their appropriateness for the services rendered; device life cycle management policies and practices; device procurement & decommissioning policies and processes
- Human Resource Performance: Analyzing staff matrix and drawing out an appropriate organogram; evaluating the staff quantum and its adequacy; reviewing staff profile and their suitability for required service delivery; staff compensation with respect to qualifications, job profile and performance; assessing departmental revenue & expenditure to qualify existing staffing pattern; recommending staff motivation practices
- Operational performance: Mapping patient throughput and service volume; assessing utilization of assets with respect to workload; evaluating inventory and its management; tracking departmental workflow, patient quantum and flow patterns; analysing service delivery processes and time lines
- Quality Performance: Assessing departmental processes and recommending steps to prevent errors and enhance patient care; reviewing patient feedback to assess quality of service delivery; reviewing Patient Complaint Handling policy and process; enhancing patient satisfaction by recommending value added services/facilities; evaluating staff feedback to assess management policies impacting staff performance
- Financial Performance: Assessing departmental revenues and expenditure; tracking the financial trends and suggesting measures to contain costs and augment revenue; evaluating key financial ratios to determine service viability; identifying key contributors to the revenue of the department and taking proactive measures to enhance this contribution; analyzing profitability trends of departments with the purpose of making them independent profit centres.
Hospital operations management can be significantly elevated with the support and experience of management consultancy expertise.